Sunday, February 22, 2009

the update

11 weeks down 29 more to go!!! Sounds like a long time but I am almost done with my first trimester and I am so excited. I am starting to feel a little better and becoming my old self again. We had our first ultrasound a few weeks ago and it was so cool to see the baby and hear its heartbeat. The heartbeat was 160 and everything looks great so far. Some people say fast heartbeats means we're having a boy and some say it means we are having a girl so I don't know who to believe. But I guess we'll find out in 8-10 more weeks and we can't wait! It's going to be so much easier knowing what the baby is because then we can actually start buying stuff and planning for our little one. I've already started getting a little nervous about delivery and it's still a while away, but I'm scared. Oh well I guess I am going to have to deal with it whether I like it or not. So that's the baby update for now. And we want to know what you think...BOY? or GIRL?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are having a boy! Also, I was very nervous about delivery in the beginning too. ha I read about the different options (c-section, natural, with drugs) in the beginning and it seemed to help a little. But really being at the end you just want to be done pregnant I think you just don't care. At least that is how I am feeling at this point. ha My advice....DO NOT watch the birthing videos early. ha They only freak you out more.

Bre said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Jessica! I think you are having a girl! What kinds of foods are you craving/what foods make you gag? Just curious! Love you!

Megan said...

My baby had a fast heartbeat and it was a girl, but everyone told me it was a boy because the "wives tales". Congrats on feeling better. Don't worry about labor because if you choose to get an epidural it's amazing. I was afraid too but it was a lot different than I expected and my water broke a week before I delivered so I had a lot of complications in labor and I still thought it was way better than what I pictured. I agree with your friend up top... DON'T watch the tlc shows. Not only did they make me sick, they freaked me out. You can watch them after you have your baby and cry every time.