Saturday, August 8, 2009

and the BOREDOM sets in....


As the time slowly creeps by I find myself counting down the hours and the minutes of each day, I AM SO BORED!!!! I am still working but not as many hours as I used to so that might be a factor. Plus Mike is working a lot and all I do while he is gone is watch TV and movies. I miss the days when I was able to work out, run around, dance, and do all the other things I could do! What can I do to occupy my time for the next few weeks. I really would like to scrapbook my wedding pictures but we are so poor we don't have enough money to print our pictures out ha ha. So if there are any good ideas that will help me pass the time please please let me know. On a happier note, Mike was accepted to Brigham Young University- Idaho. This is the best news we have heard in a long time and I am so proud of him. Getting accepted to college is a huge thing for him and I am so proud of the man that he has become. He is really stepping up to be the kind of husband and father that the baby and I both need. We don't know what track he got in for yet but we are hoping he will either start in January or May of next year. He doesn't know what he wants to study yet but for now he will just work on his generals. We are both really happy and can't wait for him to start. Well until next time....

7 comments:

Megan said...

You can digital scrapbook. That way you can have them done and save them for when you do get money. I used smilebox and really liked it. Enjoy this boredom while you still can cause the days seem to fly now and I wish I had time to sit and do nothing. I can't wait to see the post about baby Logan. It's getting so close!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Keri has a digi scrapbooking site. www.heritagemakers.com. I love the website and it is lots cheaper then scrapbooking and they are in books so they will be more durable for when Logan decides to chew on them. ha We are so proud of Mike too! That is very exciting news! You know you will be the only one to really be taking care of Logan now right!?!? :) Mike is going to be so tired from work and school that he'll play with him a little and then want to sleep. :)

Allison said...

As far as pictures go, if you go to places like shutterfly and kodak they give you 20-50 free pictures for signing up (which is free) and run specials. It's what I do when I want to print. They are 4x6's but run specials for other sizes.

digital scrapbooking is good too, but holy smokes it takes me forever to do a page. You can find lots of free stuff at places like ikeagoddes.blogspot.com

i would encourage you to still go for walks and enjoy being outside, because once winter hits with a new baby you'll be inside a lot.. no fun.

tell mike congrats for us! we are very happy for you guys!

Courtney N said...

Congrats to Mike! That is great! Enjoy the "boredom" while you can though... I hear babies are a handful... You'll be wishing for this downtime in no time when the baby gets here : )

Shay said...

I remember being totally bored before Levi came too, I wish I was bored now!! But you're getting there!

Rachelle said...

That is wonderful that Mike got accepted to BYU-I. I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait for your little one to come, he will be so cute. Yea I am due September 17th, and I know how you feel, I can't wait to be done!

Bre said...

Congratulations Mike! We are so excited for you! Ooh, I like everyone's suggestion. Good thinking. So, yeah, ditto to all that. Do you like to read? The Prestige is a good book. When I'm bored I sleep [no surprise there]. K, I'm rambling! Peace!