Tuesday, October 6, 2009

first flight

Well Logan took his first flight this past weekend. Him and I went to California to see my Grandpa Ron. My Grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer at the beginning of September and after more tests they discovered that the cancer had spread to his entire body and there was nothing that could be done to help him. So he was discharged from the hospital and went to stay at my Aunt Kelli's house. So my Grandma thought it would be a good idea for us to come down and see him and basically say goodbye. The trip was bitter sweet because it was awesome to have my Grandpa meet Logan and hold him is was very sad to have to say goodbye to someone that is still alive. Mike was not able to come because he had to work but I made sure that my Grandpa knew that Mike loved him and wished he could be there. Logan did really good on both of the flights but we both missed his daddy by the end of the trip. All in all his first trip was a success and we are looking forward to many more trips to California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Logan was a good boy on his first airplane ride. :) I am about to cry now just thinking about how hard that must have been to say goodbye to your grandpa.