Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tribute to an AMAZING Man!




My Grandpa Ron and Grandma Connie were married 17 and a half years ago and on October 9th, 2009 my wonderful grandma lost her husband to cancer. Although grandpa Ron was my step-grandpa, he never treated me like I was anything less than his true grand-daughter. I was blessed to be able to attend his funeral where there were over 300 people in attendance to celebrate his life. I was amazed to see how many people's lives were touched by my grandfather. As I have had time to ponder the life of my grandpa there are so many things that I wish I would have said to him and so many things that I know he could have taught me. I am sad that his life was cut short but happy that he is no longer in pain. My grandpa Ron always made me feel beautiful and loved and that is something that I will truly miss. I am sad that my son will never know what an amazing man that he was but I will tell him stories of the great man that he was. The funeral was beautiful and exactly what he would have wanted. I will miss him so much but I will see him again. Love you grandpa!

No comments: