Saturday, July 31, 2010

lainhart family update

Mike: Well we are so excited because Mike finally got a second job! He actually got his old job back. In January of 2008 Mike was laid off of his job at Boise Cascade and there started our hard times. Ever since he got laid off we have really been struggling with money and just barely scraping by. But thanks to our family we were able to get through those hard times. Anyways, Mike got offered his job back at Boise Cascade and he was so excited. So now he is working and Lowes and at Boise and he is so busy. The first week of working 2 jobs he was working 11-12 hours a days. Its bitter sweet because I am excited to have more money coming in but I can also see how burnt out he is at the end of the day. But he is a trooper and would do anything for us. On another note, Mike is in the process of trying to join the Airforce. I was not thrilled about this decision at first but now I think it is the best thing for our family. He has already taken all the preliminary exams but since his eyesight is so bad they had to send it to the Sergeant General to be approved. So now it is just a waiting game. If his eyesight gets approved we will take the next steps to joining and then he will be off to basic training. If it is not approved the Lord must have something else in mind for our family.

Logan: He is almost 11 months old and I can't believe how fast its gone. He is all over the place. He is walking around the furniture and crawling like a monster. He loves to eat and loves to try new things. He is the joy of my life and I love to watch his personality grow each day. He has started to jibber jabber a lot, he'll talk to his toys and to mike and I. He is so mellow, like it is amazing. I can leave him in his room to play and he will play with his toys forever. He is so low maintenance and it is amazing. We are excited to start planning his first birthday and can't believe it's already been almost a year. We love him!

Me: Well I am still working 5 days at the gym and I love it, although when we were in California with my family I had no desire to come back, but we do what we have to. On Monday Mike and I got a Golds Gym membership and I am so excited. I have been to the gym 4 days in a row so far and I am really proud of myself. I have realized lately that I am really depressed about my body and I am not happy about the way I look. I t has really been a struggle to get the baby weight off and now I think I have the motivation to actually start losing weight. We'll see how it goes. We got a visit this week from Mikes mom LaDawna and it was awesome because she was so helpful. She helped watch Logan while I had to work and I really appreciated having her around. On other news, Mike and I have been discussing baby number 2 but dont get too excited. I told him that I need to lose weight before we even try for another child. I just have to feel good about myself and I don't want to keep adding on the pounds. So it could be a few months or it could be a years. Hopefully it won't take me too long to lose the weight so it you have any helpful hints let me know. I love my little family and I am so thankful for the life I have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH for new babies!! :) Sorry I haven't been calling ya to remind ya to go, but you know our situation this week. AUGH! You will start shedding those pounds in no time! Love ya!

Courtney N said...

Im glad thing seem to be working out for you guys! Love you!

brittany said...

Hey Jess! It's Brittany Wheeler...remember me? =) It's so good to hear you guys are doing well. Your little guy is a cutie. Are you still working at Idaho Elite? Is it still called that? I love following your blog...sounds like life is great for ya. Take care! =) (oh and about any pointers for losing weight-I lost about 30lbs. after having Jake by doing 30 min. of cardio a day, eating smaller portions, and cutting back significantly on eating out) =) good luck