Tuesday, June 2, 2009

birthdays, graduation, family and fun!


This past week was filled with a lot starting with Mikes brother Jeremiah graduating from high school. Last Wednesday we drove up to Star Valley for his graduation and had a really good time hanging out with family. Mike stayed up there to help his dad around the house but I had to leave the next morning cause I had to work. I stayed in Idaho Falls both Thursday and Friday by myself and then headed back up to Star Valley to spend Mikes 21st birthday with him. I was sad that I didn't get to spend the whole day with him but happy that I got to have ice cream and cake with him and his family. I am so glad that he is finally 21, I don't feel so bad about the age difference between us now. For his birthday he got clothes from me, new tires that he really wanted from his parents, and so money from my parents, he was happy about all his gifts. After spending one more night with his family we headed home the next day back to Idaho Falls. Then this past Sunday we had the wonderful opportunity to come together as a family again and watch Mike get ordained and Elder. He dad did his blessing and it was great. I am so proud of him, he has really come along way and has accomplished a lot in the past few months. I love him so much and he is such a great example to me. After church we had the whole family over to our apartment for an amazing roast and potato dinner. All in all it was a really good week and we had a lot of fun hanging out with the family. As far as the baby update...I am now 25 weeks along which is totally crazy to me. Only about 3 months left and we will get to meet our little baby. The he is moving like crazy and kicking me like he is going to be a soccer player, but it is so fun to feel him moving. Mike has finally been able to feel him move a lot and its cool to have him be a part of this with me. Anyways that is the news for now..love you all!

1 comment:

craig shipley said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations Mike! That's awesome. Can't wait to meet that lil baby just waiting to come out! I have yet to pick what I want him to call me. "Uncle Craig" just seems so...so boring. Help me decide? =)