Sunday, September 13, 2009

Logan Micheal Lainhart

Well after 22 hours of labor and a c-section we have a beautiful baby boy. Logan was born on Sept. 11th at 10:12am and he came out weighing 8lbs 14oz. He is a big, perfect, beautiful boy with chubby cheeks. Labor was horrible, I was exhausted and ready to have him out. His heart rate was dropping after every contraction so I had to wear an oxygen mask for most of the night. After 22 hours I was only ever dilated to a 7 and since he heart rate was bad they finally decided that a c-section was the was to go. During the surgery they found out that the cord was rapped around his neck once which was also not helping the process. But is all worked out in the end and now we have our baby. I am so sore and so tired. I didn't expect to be in so much pain but it was defiantly worth it. He is having a little trouble nursing because my milk has not come in yet so he is not getting enough to eat when I do feed him. The nurse came in today and told us that he actually has lost a pound and now weighs 7lbs 14oz so she recommended that along with breast feeding that I give him some formula as well so he doesn't lose more weight. We agreed that it was probably a good idea to give him formula so he can stay healthy. We both love him so much and think he is so cute. Mike is in love and is willing to do anything for him and for me. He has been a great support and so helpful since I can't do much right now. Here are a few pictures of him for everyone to see. I am curious on who people thinks he looks like more so let meknow what you think...enjoy...


7 comments:

Rachelle said...

He is adorable! I am so sorry you were in labor that long, but I am glad that you are both doing well! Congrats again!!!!

Allison said...

well here's what we think- we LOVE him. We look at his pictures all the time and can't wait to meet him! Good luck with the recovery, I hear it's tough after a c-section. When you get a chance, will you email me your favorite picture of him, so we can print one out and have one? Have a fun today!!

Shay said...

He's so cute! I sort of think he looks like Mike. :) Sorry you had such a bad labor, you must have been so exhausted! Well congrats you guys, he's beautiful.

Megan said...

He is precious! Congrats. It's good to hear you are both doing well. I think he looks like Mike when I see him but when Kristal saw him she said he looked like a Van Dusen.

LaDawna said...

When I got to see and hold him for the first time in the hospital. I thought he looked alot like you. Especially around the mouth and nose. He definitely has mike thick hair. Logan's is just a little bit lighter than what Mike's was at that age. And I think he has the most soft kissable chubber cheeks. So give him a kiss from his Nanny.

MeKell and Aaron said...

I'm thinking he kinda looks like Mike, but it might still be a little early to tell. Congrats, though, he is so cute! Don't sweat having to supplement with formula, I have been doing that since Taegan was born cuz he lost almost a pound too, but it's so nice that he will take a bottle and breastfeed, because daddy can do it when I need a break. :)

Bre said...

I hope the recovery is going well. Your mama's there to help, right? You are a superstar. 22 hrs of labor. What the? And I don't know who he looks like. Maybe when we see him in person it'll be easier to tell.