Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tomorrow!!!

Well today was just another day and Mike and I headed to the our weekly doctors appointment. We weren't expecting much but we left with really big news. He measured my belly and it was measuring 41 cm which is 2 cm bigger than it is supposed to be. Then he checked my cervix and I was 70 percent effaced and 1 cm dilated. Then he proceed to say "So lets have this baby...tomorrow!" I was so excited! He said that he did not want to risk my belly getting too much bigger than it already was so he wanted to get him out. So we will be going to the hospital tomorrow at noon to start the induction. It worked out perfectly cause it gave my mom enough time to change her ticket and figure out her work schedule and she will be coming tonight. Mike has a permanent smile on his face and he is so excited. I on the other hand am starting to get really nervous. Its scary to think that tomorrow I am going to be in a lot of pain and that we will have a little human to take care of. I am so excited to meet my son and to hold him so I hope that everything goes well. Mike will have his phone all day tomorrow so he will be making calls and keeping everyone up to speed. We will post pictures as soon as we can. Love you all!

5 comments:

Bre said...

Yea! Congratulations and GOOD LUCK! Text us a picture as soon as you can! Yea!!!!!

Rebecca said...

So jealous!!! No seriously that is so exciting!!! I hope you sleep well tonight and I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Can't wait to see pictures!

Luke said...

We're thinking about you Jess and can't wait to see pictures!! I hope you got a really good night of sleep last night - it'll be the last for a loooooong time! Good luck! :)

Megan said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That's amazing to think that you're getting induced right now :) You lucky to skip the last few days. Can't wait for the updates

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see him today! :) I hope he has lots of hair and that he everything goes smoothly! Love you and hang in there during the waiting period. ha