Saturday, July 4, 2009

VACATION!!!!!

We just got back from a well deserved and very much needed vacation to California to see my family. It started with a 12 hour drive down to Orange County and the next day we had a baby shower with the people from my home ward and extended family. It was awesome cause we got almost everything that we needed such as a swing, stroller/carseat, pack-n-play, crib bedding, some play mats, baby monitor, clothes, and of course DIAPERS! We also got some gift cards so I was able to purchase the crib and the mattress as soon as we got back. But I must say the best part of the trip was the Lake!!! On Sunday, after church, my family and close family friends the Neilsons headed up to Lake Nacimento which is about 5 hours north of where my parents live. It was SO much fun! Mike was able to fish, wakeboard, skurf, and tube and went from having a farmers tan to having a California tan. I on the other hand did not get to participate in most of the activites. Being 7 months pregnant at the lake doesn't really allow you to do any of the extreme sports, but I had so much fun working on my tan, spending time with my family, and playing in the water. After a week long vacation we had to head home cause Mike had to be back to work. The drive home was miserable and we were all wishing we could be back louging at the beach. Here are some pictures from our adventures....love you all!

The Baby Shower...


My Neice Emily in the stroller we just got

Aunt Betina and Breezy


My cousing Tamra, sister Kati, and Emily

The adorable diaper cake that Allison made me


Mike all dressed to go golfing while we had the baby shower

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun! You guys made out BIG time at the shower. That is awesome you have all you'll need for the baby now! You'll just have to worry about the billion of diapers and wipes you'll be going through now. ha