Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baka Parker

"Hi baka Paker, Hi baka Parker!" This is what Logan is constantly saying to Parker. He is trying to say "baby Parker" but it comes out as "baka Parker" it's pretty cute actually. He loves her so much. The first few days of her life he wasn't really sure about her and was getting pretty jealous that I was spending so much time with her. Now he loves to help, he throws her diapers in the trash, gives her her binkie, and makes sure we all know when she is crying. He is going to be a great big brother. She has been in our lives for 3 weeks and it has been amazing. I feel like she has always been a part of out family and that she makes our family complete (for now.) I couldn't have asked for a better newborn, she is so mellow and easy just like Logan was. I think my parents were secretly hoping that I would get a hellion child like I was but so far they are both great. She only wakes up once a night to nurse then goes straight back to sleep. The only thing that is hard for me is that I still feel very sleep deprived which leaves me with almost no energy for the rest of the day. And of course my 2 yr old is a ball of energy which makes things a little difficult. The first few weeks were hard for me though. The c-section was harder to recover from then last time so I was in a lot of pain. I broke out in this horrible, itchy rash due to the pain killers I was taking so I had to stop taking them and deal with the pain. Then I got a bad cold that lasted for about a week, and lastly I got about 75 (not really, but still) cold sores on my bottom lip due to all the stress I was under. Fortunately most of all that crap has gone away and I m on my way to being back to normal. I love my kids so much and am so grateful to be a mother.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hey Jessica, I found your blog through Courtney's! Congrats on beautiful little Parker! How neat that she is mellow and that Logan is being a good helper. We've been thinking about expanding our family and the thought of TWO is so scary, but your posts give me some hope! Hope you're feeling okay (kanker sores are the WORST) and getting adjusted to two kiddos. My husband works for the military now (though he isn't miliary) and it's fun hearing about your life on base since we are getting used to a military community as well. Besides being away from family and friends, sounds like a great place to be!